Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ist Group Meeting

Today we disussed our stories or lack there of. My story is still developing and it was brought to my attention that I have a lot of set changes and to smooth my journey to completion it was suggested that I go along with very simplistic backgrounds. I agree. Also I should find away to tie the end of my story to the begininng, this enhances the gag. I think I might have the driver of the bus that disables my character be the woman he falls in love with. Just a thought.

3 comments:

Kyle Stephens said...

I like where you're going with this story. Definitely keep the focus on the main character and not the environment. A lot can be said in background noise. If you're finding one thing about the animation isn't working, don't hesitate to drop it and expand on what is. Running gags can be a very fun and easy way to progress a story in your mind and for the audience.

José G. Landrón said...

Hey Courtney!

You got a story going, just think about how do you want it to end, then build up on that. Remember to get your story approved by the professor just to make sure there's no problem with having a disabled main character.

Megan E. Sanders said...

Not a bad idea, about the bus driver. It certainly ties in the beginning and it has him falling in love with someone he didn't expect, as well, which you had mentioned as one of two possible endings. If you didn't want to go that route, you could convey the fact the man wasn't born that way by having him look at a photo of himself that he keeps in his wallet; if he's really vain, I think that keeps in character. You could also do the typical "show a newspaper clipping of the accident" on his wall. Cliche, but it could work. Anyway, good luck with fleshing out the rest of your concept! Hope some of our concepts helped.